Swavesey Camera Club is affiliated to the East Anglian Federation of the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- East Anglian Federation links together the 120 photographic clubs across the East Anglian region, the area stretches from Potters Bar in the south to Kings Lynn in the North.
Moving up a level is the
- Photographic Alliance of Great Britain which includes all the Federations, or equivalents, across the whole country including Wales and Scotland.
Moving up another level, for those who are really ambitious, is
- Federation International de l’Art Photographique, this affiliates, as operational members, the national associations of photography.
How does this affect us as a club?
- It ensures that we have adequate insurance. The club secretary can provide more information on this.
- Provides a comprehensive list of speakers, most of whom give their services free except for the expenses incurred.
- Provides a list of PAGB approved judges, competition secretaries can provide more information about this.
- A copy of the ‘Bulletin’ the news letter from the EAF is posted on the club notice board for all to read.
- We receive notices of events held by other clubs in the region
- There are events and competitions to take part in and awards to work towards.
There are two special event days a year, for entertainment and information, one featuring the Projected image, ‘The World of Colour’ is usually in March and the other featuring Prints, ‘Prints for all’ is usually held in November. These tend to take place in Harlow, the centre of the region.
The PAGB holds two separate championships to find the best club in the country when using the Projected Image and then using Prints.
Therefore there are regional championships to decide the best two clubs in the region to represent the EAF. These are now both held in February, for the Projected Image and the Prints. Every one is welcome to attend these events.
Awards: As EAF members we may enter our work to gain PAGB awards, there are three levels:
Credit --------- CPAGB
Master -------- MPAGB
These are held for life without an annual fee and holders are entitled to use the designated letters after their name.
To pre-qualify for this support must be given to the federation for the minimum of two years for the CPAGB and increasing for the other levels. Further information on this can be obtained from your external secretary or Cyril Long the PAGB Awards Officer.
The EAF runs the Annual exhibition (April/May at Harlow) to display the best of member’s work in both prints and digital projected images. Everyone can enter as an individual, the club supplies the transport. The best in show is then selected to represent the EAF at the annual PAGB exhibition.
The Portfolio, shown on a convenient club night, is a digital projection of some of the images from the previous exhibition.
To show your support enter your work for External Competitions!
If you need any further information about the EAF and other photographic groups mentioned in this page please speak with Jane Greatorex on a club night.