As in previous years we host an Open Photographic Competition within our Annual Exhibition. Our aim is to encourage photography amongst everyone in the local community. The Open Photographic Competition is open to any non-professional photographers and entries can be on any subject. Prizes will be awarded in three categories;
- Junior school age (younger than 14).
- Senior school age (14 to 17).
There is an adult prize of one year’s membership of Swavesey Camera Club and cash prizes of £25 for the school age winners. The winning entry in each category will be on display at the exhibition on Saturday 25 March 2023. In addition all Open Competition entries will displayed as part of the online Annual Exhibition which will be running on this website from 25 March to 8 April 2023.
- Each image should be submitted as a JPEG file, be less than 5 Mbyte and have title, photographers name and category in the filename. Please include a contact email address.
- Entries should be submitted to email@example.com before midnight of 13 March 2023.
- Entries can be on any subject but please do not submit selfies.
- No more than four images per entrant.
- Please be aware that previous adult category winners are welcome to enter but will not be eligible for a free membership prize.
This year the top spot was taken by John Dalston with ‘Black Dog in a Yellow Field’. John’s prize will be a year’s free membership of the Camera Club.